Registration : Absolutely essential. It will help tracking your samples with respect to state of analysis.
External Users : University/ Colleges :You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter from the Head / Guide on your College/Institute original letterhead duly signed and sealed for registration stating that the analysis is for research purpose to qualify for academic concession. The letter should be addressed to the Head, SAIF, IIHR, Bengaluru.
National Lab : You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter from your Institute original letterhead duly signed and sealed for registration stating that the analysis is for research purpose. The letter should be addressed to the Head, SAIF, IIHR, Bengaluru.
Private agencies : You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter for registration. Covering letter should be on your company original letterhead duly signed and sealed and should also consists the following undertaking: "In any event, the content of report/bill is meant for our information only and we will not use the content of this bill/report for advertisement, evidence or litigation.". If your letter does not contain the above undertaking then your letter and samples for analysis will not be accepted. The letter should be addressed to the Head, SAIF, IIHR, Bengaluru.
For any further details mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your letter mention that " You agree to acknowledge SAIF, IIHR-ICAR, Bengaluru, in your publications and thesis if the SAIF Instrument results are incorporated/used in them." Kindly send us the publication reference (Journal name/volume number/names of the authors/date of issue of the publication etc) to us.
- The analytical data / spectra are provided only for research / development purposes. These cannot be used as certificates in legal disputes.
- Service charges are payable at prevailing rates.
- Samples, letter and payment should be sent in the same cover only. If Samples are received without covering letter/DD/UTR number, the samples will be sent back to the user without any further intimation/notice. Samples are not analysed till Payment is received.
- If you are sending samples for multiple Analysis. Please send seperate samples for each analysis.
- Please send the samples in quantity as mentioned in the brochure. Samples are not recovered, unless a special request is made.
- In all correspondence related to analysis our reference/registration number must be mentioned
- Unstable and explosive or hazardous compounds are not accepted for analysis.
- Services are rendered to only those users who regularly give us feed-back about the end user of the result ,e.g. thesis, patent, process publication etc.
- Research fellows and students are advised to send the application and samples through their Supervisor or Head of department.
- Interpretation of spectra is not undertaken normally . In special cases this service can be provided on payment on extra charges.
- We do not provide any accommodation. You have to arrange on your own.
- The payment should be made in advance by Demand Draft(DD) in favour of : "Director, ICAR-IIHR, Bengaluru" OR by NEFT transfer to IIHR account with following details. Beneficiary details: Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bank Account Number: 1805800018, Name of the Bank : Central Bank of India, Type of Account: Current Account, IFSC No.: CBIN0283973.
- The DD/UTR number along with sample and covering letter should be sent to : "Head, SAIF, ICAR-IIHR, Hesaraghatta Lake Post, Bengaluru -560 089"
- Appointment : You can also request for an appointment on an instrument and fix the same in consultation with the respective laboratory or their in-charge for your sample analysis.
- Sample Submission : Samples are to be submitted at the time of registration or brought along on the date of your appointment for your sample analysis.
- Results :After the sample analysis is complete the results are dispatched through email only.